Search J'adore

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Like This Look: Lingerie

One of the first trends of the season that I have embraced fully for 2010, is the lingerie look. Boudoir dressing crossing over and onto the streets has become a huge hit on major runways and in retailers across the country. The look involves putting lingerie touches on an otherwise, more covered up outfit. For example, pairing a lacy bra under a sheer, tulle blouse, paired with a great pair of trousers and finished off with a chic boyfriend blazer. The idea of mixing the uber masculine with the ultra feminine works very well with this smashing trend. No one wants to see you in full-on bedroom attire, however, a little "peek-a-boo" of undergarment here and there is just the perfect touch to achieve a devilish but sophisticated look.

Louis Vuitton

I first fell for lingerie as everyday apparel after watching it strut down the catwalk during Louis Vuitton's Fall 2009 RTW show. Jacobs paired a sexy black lace bra with an over sized, brilliantly tailored black blazer, and a tiered mini with hot but sweet ribbon lace-up boots. It made me want to wear nothing but a bra under my blazer some day...when or if I ever get up the courage...

Rodarte for Target

I first purchased the look two weeks ago, the day that Rodarte launched it's line for Target. I literally sprang to the computer and ordered up almost every item in the collection. There are tons of lingerie inspired, lacy, girlie tulle and satin numbers to choose from. My favorite is the dress pictured below, which I snatched up in a spicy yellow. It is just so flirty and fun, and looks like a million bucks! Everyone was shocked when I told them it was from Target. Definitely Target's best collaboration yet (u must buy some, if there's anything left...).
Take a look at some of my other favorite lingerie looks of the season, they may inspire you to do some boudoir crossing of your own!
Givenchy
Richard Nicoll

Stella McCartney

No comments:

Post a Comment