Search J'adore

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Be Naturally Thin In 2010: The Skinny Girl Dish

"I'm just naturally thin," is probably a phrase you've heard before...you know, those annoyingly thin girls who swear on their own mothers that they "eat whatever they want" and "don't exercise much at all". Most of the time when I hear someone say that they don't diet, I assume they're lying and are secretly running home and jogging 10 miles on the treadmill and surviving on nothing but fruit and water. However, what if I told you that this idea of being "naturally thin" really does exist? Furthermore, what if I said that achieving a thin body is actually attainable and practically painless? Well, let me introduce you to a fabulous woman who I am sure you are already more than familiar with: Bethenny Frankel, star of the hit Bravo series, The Real Housewives of New York.
Bethenny is a fast-talking, energetic, tiny and stylish natural food chef who has made a big name for herself in the past few years. Her wit, humor, and wisdom won the hearts of America when she was first runner-up on the NBC show, "The Apprentice: Martha Stuart", and later as a non-wife on the hit Bravo RHWNY series. A self-proclaimed "health foodie", Bethenny has become the spokeswoman for many health food brands, and has launched her own health food brand called Skinny Girl. Her Skinny Girl Margarita is a huge sensation with skinny-girls all over the world, containing only 100 calories and all the flavor of the real deal.
I first realized that being naturally thin was a realistic goal, when I blew through Bethenny's first book, Naturally Thin: Unleash Your Skinnygirl and Free Yourself from a Lifetime of Dieting. I have always thrived to live a healthy lifestyle, but quietly sacrificed my desired and a lot of good flavor in order to achieve my smaller frame. After reading Naturally Thin, I threw out my old dieting and over-exercising ways, and traded it in for a new, more free lifestyle; one that focuses on keeping proportions down, eating in moderation, indulging responsibly, and living like the Europeans do, care-free, pretty much...And it worked! I am happier than ever, and have said cyyyaaa to dieting. It's a fabulous feeling!


So, I am so excited to dive into Bethenny's new book, The Skinny Girl Dish: Easy Recipes for Your Naturally Thin Life, so that I can be sure to keep my new healthy eating habits on track for 2010 (and keep with one of my NY resolutions...get in the kitchen more often!). The book includes helpful and insightful tips on how to end the anxiety you experience over what and how to eat when you have to cook, for yourself or for your family. No more standing in front of the fridge staring at odds and ends wondering how to make a meal, only to end up resorting to ordering a greasy pizza from the nearest place that delivers quickly. I'll be sure to keep you posted on what I think about the new read, but so that you don't have to wait to hear it from me, head to your local bookstore and pick up a copy yourself!!!

(check out Bethenny's website at: http://www.bethenny.com/ )
...and stay tuned for the new season of TRHWNY coming soon on BravoTV!

No comments:

Post a Comment