Search J'adore

Friday, January 8, 2010

Lacquer Up Your Laptop


I don't know about you all, but I am practically attached to my laptop. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't open my baby Dell up for at least a few moments, even on vacay. Our laptops are not only the mother ships to our whole lives, personal and professional, but they are also accessories that can tell a lot about who we are. Less tech-savvy individuals usually carry around dinosaur looking machines, artsy folks tend towards trendy and modern Macs, and many average Joe's opt for a basic Dell or HP portable comp. So, if our computers are accessories, why not treat them with the same careful selection as we do our other accessories; ties, shades, handbags, footwear? I must admit, I notice how others accessorize and tend to mildly judge their personality based on how they do so. I chose a purple skin for my Dell laptop, which doesn't make a huge statement, but it shows a little bit of my girlie personality.

Now, Dell has announced that they will be coming out with a whole new line of laptop skins that are much more eye-catching than a simple color coated cover. The computer co. has partnered up with one of my favorite nail polish brands, O.P.I., and have fused technology and fashion, producing a line of fab laptop skins modeled after 26 of their best-selling polishes. Shades include: 'I'm Not Really a Waitress', 'Strawberry Margarita', and 'Kyoto Pearl'. The collection will be available as part of the Dell Design Studio and can be used on all Inspirations Mini, Inspiration, and Studio (that's mine!) laptop models.

These brightly polished skins will be sold in stores sometime later this year internationally, and are currently only available to US customers. I am heading to the Dell site as soon as I publish this post...wonder what shade reps me best...'Rosy Future'...?? Type on, in style hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment