Search J'adore

Monday, October 5, 2009

Stella McCartney Spring 2010 RTW


Stella McCartney? YES please! The writing was on the wall at the Stella McCartney Spring 2010 Ready-to-wear show this morning at Palais de Tokyo, Paris. Stella put out another flawless collection full of chic, sexy, feminine pieces that were simple, but at the same time colorful and optimistic. Like a great music album, it is nearly impossible for me to pick a favorite...but I put together a slideshow of the looks that I will certainly be recreating for myself come this Spring.

Being a loyal J.Crew girl, her use of ruffles at the neckline appealed to me immediately. J.Crew is notorious for their ruffle-collar tops that come out each season (which I own on about 6 different styles and colors). Also on the long list of things I loved about this collection; colorful florals in blue, orange, yellow and pink. Dying for the ankle-length, pleated, pink floral dress which is exactly the kind of garment that I repeatedly and unconsciously reach for in my Spring Wardrobe. What woman wouldn't feel absolutely beautiful and fabulous in a dress like that? And a Stella collection would not be complete without a pant suit. Known for her sharp tailoring with a feminine twist, Miss McCartney always delivers a handful of "borrowed from the men's section" looks. This time, it seems that the looks belonged exclusively in women's. Jackets weaved of raw silk shantung were given a pinch of pretty textured appeal with a ruffle adorning one lapel.

I have one word for Stella's Spring 2010 presentation: j'adore


To see the entire collection, visit www.style.com


No comments:

Post a Comment