Search J'adore

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

City of love

There is no doubt that Paris deserves it's title as the city of love for all romantics and lovers alike. But it also, for me, is the the major city of love-for fashion. Given that it's Paris Fashion Week right now, like many other girls and fashionistas, I am in big time love. Since before I've started my blog, there has been a lot going on and down the runways in Paris. I simply can not neglect the genius of these designers, i must dish on at least a few of my favorite collections from the past week. So here they are, my fav's of the Spring 2010 RTW:


Wednesday, 9/30 - Rochas - Marco Zanini wowed with his second collection for Rochas that completely embodied the style of a French woman outside the city. I so loved the spiced color scheme of paprika, saffron, lemon, and mint..wish a dash of aubergine and turquoise mixed in. His floral patterned pants, jackets and dresses are perfect and essential for spring dressing. And my favorite part of the collection? Again, appealing to the j.crew girl inside of me, I lust after the pretty little flowered belt that tied together almost every look in the collection. I'll have to find that look for less and share with you guys soon (I'm betting it will be at crew though)!



Thursday, 10/1 - Balenciaga - Nicolas Ghesquière went completely urban for this spring, portrayed a variety of looks that I know will turn into big trends showing up in retail stores all over this coming spring season. Some of these looks include: Sporty chic, Rock&Roll glam, Urban cool, sheer pieces, draping, fun graphics and brights. While urban chic is not quite my style, the brightly colored graphic dress pictured above is right up my alley (no pun intended).

Friday, 10/2 - Lanvin - I'd die to know what goes on in Alber Elbaz's head, because season after season he delivers not only the all familiar ruffled black pieces, but steps it up with something even more amazing than the last. This type of progression is exactly what went down on the runway, where each look outdid the last, leaving the audience dying to see the next model step out from the wings backstage. Color was introduced in shades of pink, red, nudes and neutrals that I love. His technique was OOC (zoe-ism for out of control), with beautiful draping, folding, wrapping and gathering. And the quilted coats, uh, j'adore!



Saturday, 10/3 - Viktor & Rolf - Okay, so it is no secret to you now that I love ruffles. Like, j'adore them mucho. Considering V&R had ruffles on almost every single look, either on the garment or an accessory, I die. The technique for shaping the tulle; straight up just cutting away at ball gowns. One gown's skirt literally looks like a shrub that was cut into with a chainsaw and a pair of sheers- so cool. Also, I liked the muted greys and blacks used as bases to pile on ruffles of peach, turquoise and lavender. Horsting and Snoeren's collection was a little over-the-top theatre, but I'd enjoy watching it again and again!



Sunday, 10/4 - Dries Van Noten - Prints were the main focus of DVN's Spring collection this year, and they certainly got my attention. His looks all borrowed from other ethnic styles all around the world. Beautifully eclectic pieces like Kimono inspired dresses, skirts resembling saris, Chinese embroidered pants, and African tribal prints send us on a grand-excursion around the world- all in a few minutes. Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment