Search J'adore

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

One really cute sailor salute for Louis Vuitton

Louis Vuitton goes nautical for this next season. No, I do not mean that Marc Jacobs has designed a fabulous, and very popular, nautical-themed line for the upcoming LV resort collection (which would be equally exciting to moi, an east coast, anchor loving, Delta Gamma sailor chic). What I am saying is that Louis Vuitton is planning on joining with the World Sailing Team Association to pull together a international series of regattas, called the "The Louis Vuitton Series", of course. This regatta is intended to be a rival to the world's most famous yachting prize, The America's Cup. Over the course of 15 days, a total of 10 teams will set sail, and already confirmed locations: Nice, France; Hong Kong; Auckland and Newport, R.I (go New England!).

Now, there's a little dramatic history surrounding this event...isn't there always? The French luxury powerhouse used to be the major sponsor of The America's Cup, but that all came to a halt when LV terminated its 25 years of sponsorship during the Summer of 2007. The company cited their discontent for the new, more "mass-marketed" direction the competition seemed to be taking after it was taken over by Swiss holder Alinghi. And who can blame them? In my eyes, sailing embodies elegance and luxury, something that everyone in fashion knows absolutely can not be marketed to the masses..sorry :)

That might sound like some east coast snobbery (not like i'd know..); but let's be honest- I, Louis Vuitton, the rest of the sailing world, and all you Dee Gee's out there know that one of the most important mantras to stick to is- allwaayss keep it classy! And I plan to keep it classy with Louis Vuitton, as I will certainly make sure I navigate my way up to Newport, RI for this historical event. And rest assured-I will be head to toe in nautical duds-most probably provided solely by J.Crew I'm sure.

However, I must say- am bananas for LV Resort 2010 (see Out Of Control images below). Nautically naughty bustier dresses will most certainly have jaws dropping at the yacht-club. Season-proper safari jackets and wide-leg, light-weight trousers are absolute staples for resort. And my favorite part of dressing for resort? Adding accessories! The classic LV logo bag gets a sailor's touch. Bright red, yellow and blue bangles and belts add a fun, ready-for-play accent to a pre-spring wardrobe. My personal favs are the sky-high cork wedges and gold-sequined slouch boots and booties. All I have to say is...hot damn! j'adore.. Anchors Away!




































No comments:

Post a Comment