Search J'adore

Thursday, November 5, 2009

I am not all over the Overall Trend...





In a recent article from Style.com, the jumpsuit was told to "watch out", predicting that overalls will be a trend to watch out for this coming Spring. My belief is that the overall is that one that needs to watch its back, because I will try to single-handedly kill this trend for good. Overalls only belong on cute little kiddies, stuffed animals, farmers, and perhaps women who are expecting. But on the runway??? You've got to be kidding me! I was shocked to see these all-in-one jean jumper trounce down the catwalk at Ralph Lauren this fall. Mr. Lauren not only gave us the overall for day, but also offered a glammed-up version for night. All I have to say is that if I have to see overalls walking the streets both day and night...I may go nuts enough to even end up trying a pair myself. I have to admit, I have been this put-off by a trend before (the colored tight...which I looveee now; the UGG boot..which isn't so fashionable, but I live in them now during the cold seasons; and who can forget the boyfriend blazer...a wardrobe classic that I couldn't justify on myself until this year..). Obviously, my fashion sense may not be as forward-thinking as some of these design geniuses. So, feel free to call me out when you see me in a few months actually wearing a pair of overalls...I'll have to give it to you, since I've been wrong wrong wrong before! I mean, Jean Paul Gaultier himself has given a nod to this trend, telling style.com that he's, "always loved overalls because they're a uniform...And being true to myself, I love making something different out of them...". But maybe that's just why I can't justify them, they are a uniform...a railroad worker's uniform. I don't know, we'll just have to see if I can warm up to them by spring, will you be able to?!

No comments:

Post a Comment