Search J'adore

Monday, November 9, 2009

Glamour's Woman of the Year: Stella McCartney: The Designer









Every year Glamour comes out with its picks for whom them believe are the "Women of the Year". For 2009, the magazine has put together a list of ultra-impressive and amazingly interesting women, all from different backgrounds and each recognized for their special purpose. Some names on this list include: Rihanna "Back On Top!", Amy Poehler "The Entertainer", Maya Angelou "The Poet", and a special recognition for our First Lady: Michelle Obama. All of these ladies are magnificent in all their accomplishments, however, I was most happy to see that my fashion idol, Stella McCartney, was also chosen to appear on the list, being named "The Designer" of the year. Posted on the Glamour website, actress Natalie Portman was asked to state why she thinks Stella is women of the year, to which she answered, because "She is extending the definition of fashion to include compassion." I too have always believed that what sets Stella apart is her passion for making a difference in the world, and for making women feel empowered and completely gorgeous.
As I have said before, there is absolutely no designer whom I admire more than Stella McCartney. I have always been a huge fan of her work and vision, and I was extremely lucky to work for her at the NYC Press Office over the past two summers. The time that I spent invested in her company opened up a whole new appreciation for me; for her as a designer, for her designs, and for fashion in general. Even to this very day, I still look through magazines and subconsciously search for mentions of Stella, and when come across one, I get this overwhelming feeling of pride and excitement. I believe in everything Stella is about, whether it be her love for designing wearable and feminine clothes that make women feel pretty, or her never-ending dedication to living a green lifestyle, and as a animal rights activist. She is simply fantastic in every sense of the word, and she sure knows how to make clothes that look beautiful and effortless on real women. I predict that this will not be Stella's last recognition as an influential woman, and I can't wait to see what her next venture will be!
Pick up a copy of Glamour to get the whole story, or check it out on their website: www.glamour.com/women-of-the-year/2009/stella-mccartney

No comments:

Post a Comment